Univest Bank and Trust Co. has expanded its commercial banking team in the Lancaster region by adding a total of eight commercial lenders and support staff who each have extensive experience serving commercial, industrial and commercial real estate clients. The new team will focus on increasing Univest’s presence in western Lancaster County as well as extending Univest’s footprint to York County.
The new commercial banking team includes:
- Peter Miklos joins as executive vice president and group leader. He has more than 26 years of experience in the financial services industry. Miklos received his bachelor’s degree from La Salle University and earned a certificate of executive leadership from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School. Additionally, he completed the ABA Stonier Graduate School of Banking program and graduated from Bucknell University’s Central Atlantic School of Commercial Lending with honors. He resides in Elizabethtown, Pa.
- Nathan Edmunds brings more than 30 years of experience in the financial services industry to his position as vice president and relationship manager. Edmunds holds a bachelor’s degree from University of Delaware and a master’s degree from Widener University. He resides in Kennett Square, Pa.
- Michelle Graves joins as a senior commercial underwriter. She has 15 years of experience in the financial services industry. Graves received her bachelor’s degree from Millersville University. She currently resides in Lancaster, Pa.
- Michael Maurer brings more than 42 years of experience in the financial services industry to his role as vice president and relationship manager. He holds a bachelor’s degree from Elizabethtown College and resides in Manheim, Pa.
- Chau Nguyen brings more than ten years of experience in the financial services industry to his role as vice president and York County market leader. He received his bachelor’s degree from Lehigh University. Nguyen currently resides in Lititz, Pa.
- Craig Portner joins as a senior vice president and relationship manager with more than 15 years of experience in the financial services industry. He graduated from Harrisburg Area Community College. Portner resides in Brownstown, Pa.
- Juanita Sauder brings more than 11 years of experience in the financial services industry to her role as a relationship administrator. Sauder is a graduate of Elizabethtown High School and resides in Mount Joy, Pa.
- Beth Schaeffer joins as a relationship administrator with more than 12 years of experience in the financial services industry. Schaeffer is a graduate of Elizabethtown High School and resides in Elizabethtown, Pa.
“We’re thrilled to welcome this team of industry veterans to Univest,” said Thomas J. Jordan, IV, Lancaster Market President, Univest Bank and Trust Co. “This group has more than 160 years of combined experience helping generations of families with their business goals. We are delighted to have them onboard as Univest continues to expand in the communities throughout Lancaster and York counties.”
Since Univest entered the Lancaster market in May 2016, the staff has more than doubled and Univest has invested in developing a physical presence throughout the region. Univest now employs more than 50 people in the Lancaster community between its Greenfield Corporate Center and five financial centers located in Brownstown, Georgetown, Intercourse, Strasburg and Willow Street.
About Univest Financial Corporation
Univest FinancialSM (UVSP), including its wholly-owned subsidiary Univest Bank and Trust Co., Member FDIC, has approximately $5.0 billion in assets and $3.3 billion in assets under management and supervision through its Wealth Management lines of business at December 31, 2018. Headquartered in Souderton, Pa. and founded in 1876, the Corporation and its subsidiaries provide a full range of financial solutions for individuals, businesses, municipalities and nonprofit organizations in the Mid-Atlantic Region. For more information visit www.univest.net.
Photo caption: Pictured left to right are Michael Maurer, vice president and relationship manager; Craig Portner, senior vice president and relationship manager; Nathan Edmunds, vice president and relationship manager; Chau Nguyen, vice president and York County market leader; and Peter Miklos, executive vice president and group leader.