As fall approaches, the days begin to get shorter, the nights get cooler and parental priorities shift towards the upcoming school year. Whether you have a child heading off to college or just starting elementary school, financial literacy is a very important part of the education process. Below are some financial tips for students of all ages.
Tips for the college student
- Effective Budgeting – Sit down and plan out what weekly/monthly bills your student will have. This will ensure that they know how much disposable income they have for “fun” purchases each week.
- Plan Purchases – Build larger item…
As summer quickly passes by, former high school seniors will soon walk through a door to a new beginning – college. Along with the college experience comes increased responsibilities including living miles from home, new expenses and temptations. Here are a few tips to prepare for managing your bank account at college:
Find an account that fits your needs by asking yourself these questions:
- How do you plan on using your account?
- ATM withdrawals
- PIN based purchases
- How do you plan on accessing and managing your account?
- Online banking
- Mobile app
- What additional benefits and features does your account offer?